The Strides programme was created to assist with the charity’s beneficiaries’ personal development.
The programme has two main objectives:
- To give our Scotty Members an unfair advantage over their peers by providing access to first class work experience opportunities and mentoring.
- To provide financial assistance for development related activities ranging from education to sports.
Development grants available to beneficiaries include:
- The Scotty Allowance: a small grant available to every Scotty Member, every year, to contribute toward to cost of activities such as school trips, swimming lessons, sports clubs or music lessons.
- Scotty’s Driving School: for Members aged 17+ a small grant to cover the cost of driving lessons.
- Scotty’s Higher Education Grant: older Members who may be about to turn 19 and leave the charity can apply for a higher education grant of £1,000 to contribute toward the cost of going to University.
- The Super Grant: a one-off grant available in emergency situations or once in a life opportunities.